Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers – Easy and Yummy!
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
A tasty twist on Buffalo Chicken. These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are filled with a delicious blend of chicken, and cream cheese with a tangy Buffalo Sauce addition. Great for weeknight family meals or eat half and freeze the remainder (if you can resist eating them all.) for a quick meal on a busy day.
There are affiliate links in this post. This means that if you purchase through the link, I will earn a small commission.
How To Cook Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
Steam Rice until soft. You can use a rice steamer or Instant Pot with rice steamer. I like the latter option because it is so handy to have that Instant Pot option already with the steamer. I’d be lost without my Instant Pot. Of course, if you don’t have either of these cookware pieces, you can cook it on the stove top or microwave according to package directions.
- Remove tops of peppers. Halve peppers and clean out seeds.
- Steam peppers until soft or soften on a cookie sheet in a 350-degree oven for approx.15 minutes.
- Dice onion, diced peppers, and jalapenos. Saute lightly in butter till tender.
- Shred chicken and add to pepper and onion mixture.
- Add cream cheese, Buffalo Sauce and ranch dressing, mixing well.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Fill peppers with chicken mixture.
- Top each pepper with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on large baking pan in a 350-degree oven for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Top with extra Buffalo sauce if desired.
- Serve with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Recipe For Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 8 peppers halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 4 jalapenos sliced from the jar, diced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers diced (use the leftover tops after halving peppers)
- 6 cups chicken shredded ( I cooked 3 large chicken breasts, but you can also use a purchased rotisserie chicken for convenience.)
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 pkg ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce Franks Original
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded (may substitute cheddar if desired.)
- Cook rice on stovetop according to package directions. If you have a rice steamer, you can use that. Set rice aside as you prepare the peppers and filling.
- Remove tops of peppers and halve each pepper lengthwise. Clean out the seeds inside. Reserve tops to add to the filling.
- Steam peppers until soft or place on a cookie sheet in a 350-degree oven until soft (about 15 min.)
- While peppers are softening, dice the onion, pepper tops, and jalapenos. Saute lightly in butter to combine. Set aside.
- Shred chicken. Combine with the diced onion/pepper mixture.
- Add Buffalo Sauce, ranch dressing and cream cheese
- Combine rice with the chicken and sauce mixture.
- Fill peppers with chicken mixture. Arrange peppers on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on each pepper.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with a side of blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing. Can add additional Buffalo Sauce to top of pepper if desired.
Best Peppers For Stuffing
I like to use the red and yellow bell peppers for stuffing my buffalo chicken peppers but there are other options that work well, according to your taste.
- Jalapeno peppers add a zestier flavor.
- Green bell peppers are very similar to the red and yellow bell peppers. The red and yellow versions are simply the green peppers that have been left to ripen longer. I think this gives them a sweeter flavor.
- Pablano peppers also give a hotter flavor.
- Banana Peppers- I love this idea. Banana peppers add just that extra little zest.
Tips For Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers is the perfect meal for a busy family. Make these stuffed peppers on a weekend and freeze in meal-size containers for a weekday when you don’t have time to cook a meal. Simply pop in the oven or microwave to heat up. Or, freeze individually for your athlete who needs to grab a quick bite after practice. Any time you serve this delicious dish, it is sure to be a hit. Tasty and easy!