We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Savor the taste of these deliciously decadent Condensed Milk Brownies. They hit the spot when you have a sweet tooth and a craving for chocolate!
Do you want to make the best brownies ever? Ditch the boxed brownie mixture and discover how to make these chocolatey delights from scratch when following this recipe for Condensed Milk Brownies. The addition of condensed milk makes these brownies softer and even more decadent. If you want to indulge in some tasty chocolate prepared from scratch with flour, unsalted butter, cocoa powder, and baking chocolate, give this recipe a try. After preparing these brownies, you can enjoy them for dessert or even bring them to family gatherings to give everyone something to discuss! If you are a die hard chocolate fan, be sure to check out our Chocolate Layered Ding Dong Cake, Best Hot Chocolate Cheesecake or Decadently Fudgey Smores Brownies.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
Why You’ll Love These Condensed Milk Brownies
- The Condensed Milk Brownies have the perfect taste and texture. They’re moist, delicious, and full of incredible chocolate flavor.
- It’s easy to make these brownies from scratch using a few simple ingredients. You don’t need to be an experienced baker to make these. You also don’t need too much time to make the brownies from scratch.
Condensed Milk Brownies Ingredients
(Complete ingredients and measurements can be found in recipe card below.)
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar – Chop the chocolate bar into pieces for this recipe.
- Unsalted Butter – Use real butter for the best flavor. Use roughly 1/2 stick of butter and brown it beforehand.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Use a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk for added flavor and texture.
- Granulated Sugar – The sugar adds a sweet touch to these brownies.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Use the cocoa powder for added chocolate in these brownies.
Additions and Substitutions
- Add in some chopped nuts such as pecans or walnuts.
- Sweetened shredded coconut adds some nice flavor.
- The addition of some dried cherry pieces makes your brownies taste like chocolate covered cherries.
How to Make Condensed Milk Brownies
- Preheat oven.
- Brown butter.
- Melt chopped chocolate in the butter.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly incorporated with a whisk.
- Pour the melted butter/chocolate mixture into the condensed milk mixture.
- Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and salt until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the other 4 ounces of the chopped chocolate bar on top.
Condensed Milk Brownies Recipe Tips
- Line your 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper before adding your brownie batter to it to ensure that the brownies don’t get stuck to the pan. You can also grease the pan if need be.
- When browning the butter for the brownies, stir continuously to prevent it from burning. If you leave it going for too long, it will start to burn, and you won’t be able to use it.
- Use a toothpick to check the center of the brownies to make sure they’re fully baked before you remove them from the oven.
What should I serve with this Easy Brownie Recipe?
Is condensed milk the same as evaporated milk?
Although the two are similar in appearance, they should not be changed out in a recipe. The condensed milk has added sugar making it sweeter and is a thicker consistency.
What does the condensed milk add to the brownies?
Condensed milk makes the brownies sweeter, moister and chewier.
Storage and Reheating
These fudgey brownies can be stored covered on the counter for about three days or in the refrigerator for about five days. Condensed Milk Brownies can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container for about three months. Store in single layers or stack with pieces of parchment paper between the layers.
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate chopped
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, brown the butter for the brownie batter in a pot. Stir continuously until the melted butter begins to create brown bits at the bottom of the pot and give off a nutty scent.
- Add the 4 ounces of the chopped chocolate bar immediately to the hot butter and mix together until completely melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly incorporated with a whisk.
- Pour in the brown butter and melted chocolate mixture and mix together until combined.
- Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and salt until combined. Use a rubber spatula not a mixer to ensure you don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the other 4 ounces of the chopped chocolate bar on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 -45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck in comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!