We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Traeger Pizza is not only cheesy delicious but it is also quick and easy to make on your wood pellet smoker. Now you can have a yummy homemade pizza anytime and in any season.
Pizza is popular all year but often we are forced to call an order in to our local pizza shop because we don’t think we can make it as good or quick at home. So not true. The Traeger Smoker makes throwing together a homemade pizza so very easy and extra fast. And, we all know how much extra we pay for extra toppings or double cheese. So much cheaper when we make our own.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
Simple ingredients for the Traeger Pizza recipe, most of which you probably already have on hand.
- pre-made pizza crust such as Boboli
- white pizza sauce oil (or red pizza sauce if you prefer)
- cheese (as much or a little as you like, but who doesn’t like lots or cheese)
- parmesan cheese
- sliced banana peppers
- green pepper
- fresh tomato
- Italian seasoning
See recipe card for quantities.
Easy to make instructions to make whipping up this Traeger pizza on your pellet grill a breeze.
- Brush crust with sauce (white or red.)
- Sprinkle mozzarella over crust.
- Add parmesan cheese
- Add banana pepper rings, onions and green peppers.
- Add more cheese.
- Add sliced tomatoes.
- Add even more cheese.
- Place pizza on preheated stone.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
Hint: Make sure smoker reaches correct temperature before putting pizza in to cook.
You can make any number of substitutions on your Traeger pizza.
- Mozzarella Cheese– instead of mozzarella, you can use provolone
- White Pizza Oil – can use plain olive oil or red pizza sauce if you like
- Vegetarian – the cheese can be left off if you are wanting a vegetarian pizza, or use a vegan cheese
- Homemade Crust – Experiment with making your own crust
Everyone likes different things, so why not change things up and try these ideas?
- Spicy – add chili pepper flakes to the toppings
- Meat – add pepperoni, cooked ground beef, sausage or chicken
- Veggies – add basil leaves (I know it’s not a veggie), asparagus, hot peppers
These items are strongly recommended for a great pizza:
- Pizza Stone – Gives a perfect crispness to the bottom of your crust.
- Pizza Peel – Makes it easy to get your pizza on and off the grill.
- Pizza Cutter – Slice through your masterpiece easily with losing the cheese on the knife.
- Wood Pellets – Embeds the perfect flavor into your pizza. I like the Traeger Signature Pellets for pizza.
Preparing Ahead of Time
If you are planning for your pizza making, you can chop, shred and dice your ingredients ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for several days. Also, cook up any meat you want to add, drain any fat and store it in the fridge also. Anything you can do ahead of time will help you enjoy your pizza quicker.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with adding ingredients. If you are hosting a pizza get together, invite your guests to bring their ingredients of choice. Could make for some interesting combos. Try making individual size pizzas so everyone can have their own.
Traeger Pizza on Wood Pellet Grill
- 1 12-inch pizza shell (I like the Boboli brand)
- ⅛ cup white pizza sauce (can use red)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided in thirds)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup banana pepper rings
- ½ cup green peppers (diced)
- ¼ cup red onion (diced)
- 1 large tomato (sliced)
- Place pizza stone on bottom shelf of your grill.
- Preheat your wood pellet smoker to 400°.
- Brush pizza shell crust with white pizza sauce oil.
- Sprinkle with ⅓ of cheese.
- Top with parmesan cheese,
- Add Italian spice, peppers and onion.
- Add 2nd ⅓ of cheese.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Add remainder of cheese.
- Raise smoker lid and place a sheet of parchment paper on the pizza stone.
- Place pizza on the paper-covered stone.
- Lower lid and grill for 15 minutes.
- Slice and eat immediately.
What leftovers??? Chances are with this Traeger Pizza, there will be none, but if there are:
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. When ready to eat, bring out, unwrap and heat on a plate in microwave for approximately 45 seconds. Or, place on a baking sheet and heat in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.