5 Ingredient Peppermint White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats are always a favorite. Have you ever looked at rice krispie treats and thought… that could be better? Probably not, because most people love them just the way they are. But we’ll give you a moment to think again… because we have just given you a new take on this favorite childhood treat. That’s right, get ready for White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats!
These are easiest treats we’ve ever made. They come together in minutes and taste like an upscale version of the classic. A few simple changes can completely transform an ordinary dessert into something extraordinary. If you love the classic version of these treats but want to transform them into something special, read on…
Why you will Love These White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- So quick and easy to make
- Only 5 ingredients
- Great Holiday or dessert treat
- Fun for the kids to help with
- Perfect for putting into a cello bag and including in gift baskets.
What Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Homemade Rice Krispie Treats (measurements in recipe card below)
- Crispy Rice Cereal – I used Cocoa Flavored Rice Krispy Cereal for this recipe but any flavor will work. The chocolate flavor goes really well with the peppermint candies.
- Butter – Use real butter for the rich, real flavor. In fact, I recommend real butter in all my recipes.
- Marshmallows – the mini kind
- White Chocolate Morsels – just like with the butter, don’t skimp on the white chocolate morsels. I highly recommend eith Ghiardelli, Nestle or Hershey for the best flavor.
- Finely Crushed Peppermint Candies – You can the round hard mints found in the candy aisle at your grocery store or candy canes if during the holidy season when they are available. Place the mints inside a ziplock bag or under wax paper and smack them with a meat tenderizer or rolling pin. If your blender is strong enough, you may be able to pulse them until the right consistency.
How to Make White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats (full instructions in recipe card below)
- Line a 13x 9 baking dish with waxed paper and spray with a non-stick baking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and melt. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal, one cup of the morsels and the crushed candies. Stir until coated.
- Press mixture into the baking dish and allow to cool.
- Cut into 8 treats.
- Place remaining morsels in a microwave-safe dish and heat on high in 30 second increments until melted.
- Spread the white chocolate over 2/3 of each rice krispie treat. Sprinkle with additional crushed candies or sprinkles. Let set up before enjoying.
Combine crispy rice cereal, white chocolate chips crushed peppermint candies and melted butter and marshmallows.
White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Krispie Mix Pressed Into 13×9 Dish
Cut White Chocolate Rice Krispie Pieces With Melted White Chocolate Ready to Spread
Finished Rice Crispy Treats Spread With Melted White Chocolate Chips and Sprinkled With Crushed Peppermint Candy
Add ins or Substitutions
- Add some coconut into the white chocolate rice krispie mixture.
- Chopped nuts added to this recipe will add a bit more crunch.
- Try adding dried cranberries or cherries for a nice change to the flavor.
- Cover with fun sprinkles or chocolate chips.
- Add about 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or peppermint extract.
Storing Rice Krispie Treats
White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats will keep well for about 5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
What Goes Well With This Sweet, Crunchy Treat
- A scoop of ice cream on the side is always a welcome addition.
- Serve White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats with a steaming mug of hot chocolate made with this homemade hot chocolate mix.
Recipe for White Chocolate Peppermint Rice Cereal Treats
Peppermint White Chocolate ice Krispie Treats
- large saucepan
- 13×9 glass baking dish
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 10 ounce package miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (divided)
- ½ cup finely crushed peppermint candies (plus additional for decorating)
- sprinkles (optional for decorating)
- . Prepare a 13 x 9baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a largesaucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows andmelt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Fold in the cereal, 1cup white chocolate morsels, and the crushed peppermints. Stir until the cerealis coated in the marshmallow.
- Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paperevenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Cut the cereal into 8 treats.
- Place white chocolate morsels in a microwavesafe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completelymelted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening orcoconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
- Spread melted candy over ⅔ of each krispie treat and decorate with additional crushed peppermints or sprinkles.
- Allow to dry completely before storing or packaging.