We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect holiday treat for the kids. Easy enough that they can help to make them.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
Why You’ll Love These Chocolate Covered Reindeer Rice Krispies
- Easy to make- let the kid’s help!
- Cute snack that the little ones will look forward to
- Really Yummy
- Easily transportable to take to holiday parties
Equipment to Make Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 13 x 9 sheet pan – You probably already own one of these pans, but if not this one made by USA Steel is one I like.
Ingredients for Your Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
6 cups crispy rice cereal (pictured with cocoa crispy rice cereal)
1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
3 tablespoons butter
Cocoa candy wafer melts or milk chocolate morsels
16 chocolate covered pretzel twists (pictured: Flipz)
16 red candies (like Skittles, M&Ms, or other chewy candy)
32 candy eyes
How to Make these Easy Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
. Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
3. Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
4. Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
5. Cut the cereal into 8 treats.
6. Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
7. Spread melted candy over ⅔ of each krispie treat and decorate to resemble a reindeer by adding the eyes, nose and pretzel ears.
What to Serve With Your Fun Homemade Rice Krispie Treats
- Homemade Eggnog non-alcoholic
- Non-alcohol Christmas Drinks
- Serve with an assortment of Christmas cookies
Popular Substitutions and Additions
- Use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Wilton has some fun colors, like these green candy melts that would make a super cute Grinch reindeer. Or, try the red candy melts to create a reindeer Santa mini me. There is an assortment of other colors as well to turn your reindeer rice krispie treats into any character you like.
- Use chocolate rice cereal for a different flavor.
- Substitute a different flavor of extract to create your own unique taste. Try strawberry, mint or butter rum extract.
- Add in whole mini chocolate chips, Reeses Pieces, nuts or candy sprinkles to the cereal mixture.
How to Store Your Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
These treats are so tasty that it is unlikely you will have leftovers (especially if you have kids) but if you do, you certainly want to keep them as tasty as when you first made them.
Best Way to Store Your Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
Store your homemade yummies wrapped tightly in an airtight container on the counter or wrapped tightly or in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
How Long Will Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats Last in The Refrigerator or on The Countertops.
On Your countertops, your rice krispie treats will last for about 3-5 days, If sored in the fridge, they should last for about a week to ten days.
Can I Freeze my Holiday Rice Krispie Treats?
Yes, these treats can be frozen, in an airtight container for several months. Place sheets of wax paper between layers to prevent sticking to each other. So, you can make ahead of the busy holiday time and pull out to serve. Allow, to thaw for about 15 minutes before serving.
Can This Recipe be Made Gluten-Free?
Yes, it can be made gluten-free by using a gluten-free rice cereal such as One Cereal Rice Crisp.
Can I use Marshmallow Cream Instead of Regular Marshmallows in Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats?
Yes. Substitute a 7-ounce jar of Marshmallow Cream for the whole marshmallows.
Other Sweet Treats You’ll Love
- Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls With Chocolate Chips
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Moist and Easy
- Apple Bread Pudding
Don’t Forget to Come Back and Let me Know How Your Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats Turned Out.
Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats
- 13×9 baking sheet
- wax paper
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 10 oz miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 16 red m & m candies (can use another brand like Skittles)
- 32 candy eyes
- . Prepare a 13 x 9baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
- Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Cut the cereal into 8 treats.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
- Spread melted candy over ⅔ of each krispie treat and decorate to resemble a reindeer.