We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Toffee Chocolate Covered popcorn is a sweet and salty chocolate toffee popcorn that is buttery and drizzled with dark chocolate. This chocolate covered popcorn will dress up movie night!
Whip up a homemade candy popcorn that you bake in the oven with your popped popcorn. Finish it off with the drizzle of the semi-sweet chocolate and a sprinkle of toffee bits.
Whether you plan to make this chocolate covered popcorn recipe to gift a loved one, or a treat for your family, you will love how simple it is to make.
Ingredients Needed For Chocolate Toffee Popcorn
- Popped Popcorn
- Brown Sugar
- Corn Syrup
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
- Toffee Bits
Equipment Need to Make Chocolate Toffee Popcorn
Equipment is simple for this buttery sweet popcorn recipe. Basically, you just need a popcorn machine. There are various types available. Air Poppers are always a good choice with the added benefit of making the popcorn a bit healthier due to no oil needed. But, let’s face it, the other ingredients kind of negate that benefit. There is also the option of a stovetop model popcorn maker or one you just pop in the microwave. Many options. Several years ago we bought a Great Northern Old Fashion Popcorn Maker. We LOVE this machine. It pops a lot of popcorn, which is great for family gatherings or movie nights. And, it really looks great in our room.
Hot Air Popcorn Maker, 1200W Electric Popcorn Machine, No Oil Need, 3 Minutes Fast Popcorn Popper, Top with Measuring Cup for Home, Family and PartyFranklin’s Original Whirley Pop Stovetop Popcorn Machine Popper. Delicious & Healthy Movie Theater Popcorn Maker. FREE Organic Popcorn Kit. Makes Popcorn Just Like the Movies.Silicone Microwave Popcorn Popper with Lid for Home Microwave Popcorn Makers with Handles Collapsible Popcorn BowlGreat Northern Popcorn Black Paducah 8 Ounce Antique Popcorn Machine and Cart
How to Make Toffee Chocolate Covered Popcorn
Full directions and measurements for this recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
- In a saucepan on the stove add your butter, corn syrup, salt, and sugar. You will want to cook it as directed.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add in the vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour the mixture over the popped popcorn in a bowl, tossing to make sure it is all coated.
- Pour the popcorn into a pan and bake stirring every 15 minutes.
- Once the popcorn is done, drizzle with the melted chocolate chips and the toffee bits.
Full Recipe For Toffee Popcorn With Chocolate Drizzle in Card Below
Recipe For Chocolate Toffee Popcorn
Chocolate Toffee Popcorn
- Popcorn Maker
- 25 c popped popcorn unsalted and not buttered
- 1 c butter
- 2 c light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 c light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- Put popcorn in a pan large enough to allow the popcorn to be stirred together with the topping.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup in a medium-size saucepan.
- Stir frequently over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue to stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the baking soda and vanilla, stirring well.
- Pour mixture over the popcorn and stir well to coat popcorn.
- Bake for approx. an hour or until popcorn is crunchy, stirring popcorn at 15-minute intervals.
- Spread popcorn out onto parchment paper and allow to cool completely.
- Heat chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 seconds until chips are melted. Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn. Sprinkle with toffee chips. Allow chocolate to firm up before storing.
- Store in an airtight container.
How to Store Chocolate Covered Popcorn
Allow your popcorn to fully cool down and then you can transfer to an airtight container. The popcorn will store for around 3-5 days. After that you will find it begins to go stale.
Tips And Variations To Recipe
- It is important to use unsalted popcorn. You can use a Stir Crazy or air popper if you would like to pop all the popcorn quickly.
- You could add in some slivered almonds or even pecans when you drizzle on the chocolate and toffee bits at the end. It would give a great crunch.
- Swap out the semi-sweet chocolate with milk chocolate or even white chocolate.
- You need to allow your popcorn mix to fully cool before putting it in the container. Or condensation will build and make the popcorn soggy.
What is better sweet or salty popcorn?
Choosing sweet or salty popcorn is truly up to you. If you prefer salty snacks I suggest a salted or buttered popcorn. Otherwise, dive into this sweet and salty popcorn. It is such a fun treat.
Is white popcorn better than yellow?
White kernel popcorn offers a more tender texture. Where yellow popcorn are a bit sturdier but they offer a fluffier texture. You will find that both kernel popcorns are tasty, but you might prefer one over the other.
Which corn is sweeter yellow or white?
Yellow kernels are always sweeter than white kernel popcorn. For this sweet recipe, I always prefer popping up some yellow kernels to help bring more sweetness to the recipe.
More Sweet Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Toffee Popcorn is the perfect snack for family movie night. Buttery toffee and rich dark chocolate are drizzled generously over crisp fresh popcorn. It is totally addictive!