Perfect Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread Copycat
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Sweet, fluffy, decadent, and inexpensive; copycat Cheesecake Factory brown bread is a perfect alternative if you don’t feel like leaving the house for a tasty treat. This spot on bread is sure to bring everyone back for seconds.
This copycat recipe not only uses a small handful of ingredients but also provides a fun activity the whole family can have a hand in making. This copycat brown bread is super easy to make and all the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. Once it’s done baking it will be hard not to dig in right away and devour it all with its sweet aroma filling the kitchen and the entire house.
Copycat Cheesecake Factory bread will bring a smile with every bite and even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy the sweet notes of honey and brown sugar that fills each slice. Next time you want a healthier treat you can make at home look no further than this delicious, easy-to-make bread recipe!
Equipment You’ll Need
For this recipe for Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread you are going to need a baking sheet to bake the bread on, no bread pans necessary! You will also use parchment paper to cover the baking sheet and plastic wrap to allow the dough to rise before baking.
(Ingredient measurements in recipe card below.)
- Flour – A combination of all-purpose and whole wheat flour.
- Spice and Sweet Mixture – A mixture consisting of cocoa powder, brown sugar, and salt to enhance the flavor of the bread.
- Instant Yeast – Helps the bread rise to fluffy perfection.
- Warm Water – Activates the yeast.
- Molasses – Brings a sweet hint to the bread.
- Honey – Pairs with the molasses to infuse the bread with sweetness.
- Rolled Oats – Tops the bread to add texture.
How to Make Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
(Complete instructions in recipe card below.)
- In a bowl, whisk flours, cocoa powder, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix warm water, molasses, honey, yeast, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the dry mix create a well and pour in the wet mixture, fold together until dough forms.
- Knead until it forms a smooth ball with a good texture (about 10 minutes).
- Place in an oil coated bowl and roll to coat dough, cover bowl with plastic wrap, let rise until about double in size.
- Divide dough into 3 even pieces, roll each into a log and place on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Rub a little water across top and sprinkle with rolled oats; cover in plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake.
- Cool before slicing.
How to Serve Copycat Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
Serve this Copycat Cheesecake Factory brown bread shortly after cooling with dinner, as a dessert, or just a midday snack. Makes great toast! Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and enjoy. Try using butter, cream cheese, or any of your favorite spreads to enhance the flavor of this delicious aromatic bread.
What to Serve With Your Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup Recipe
How to Store Your Leftover Bread
While we recommend serving this bread fresh from the oven, it can be stored in the fridge or the freezer. Either way it should be stored in an airtight container. In the fridge, your bread will last for 7-8 days and in the freezer it will last about 3 months. Frozen bread should be thawed in the fridge. You can also store your leftovers on the counter for up to 3 days. Simply place the bread in an airtight container or tightly wrap it.
Is this recipe Vegan?
To make this recipe vegan simply swap the honey with an extra 2 tablespoons of molasses, otherwise this recipe uses no other animal products like milk or eggs.
Can this recipe be made Gluten-Free?
This recipe can be made gluten-free by swapping the flour mixture 1 for 1 for your choice of gluten free all purpose flour and whole wheat flours. You may need to add just a tad bit of extra water to keep the bread from drying out in the oven.
Do I have to make only 3 loaves?
No, you can make the loaves smaller or bigger as long as they are uniform in size. Changing the size of the loaves may alter baking times slightly, the smaller the loaf the less time in the oven needed and vice versa. You also can double the recipe if you need more bread or want to freeze some.
Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread
- 9×11 baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- plastic wrap
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1¼ cups warm water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- rolled oats for topping
- In a bowl, combine the flours, cocoa powder and brown sugar with a whisk then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the warm water, molasses, honey, and yeast, mixing together. Let the yeast activate in the mixture for 10 minutes.
- In the dry ingredient mixing bowl, create a divet in the middle to place the wet ingredient mixture.
- After the 10 minutes has passed add the warm water mixture into the center of the dry ingredients.
- Fold this together until a dough forms. It’s ok if its not fully mixed, you are going to transfer this to a clean surface to begin kneading.
- Knead the dough for 5-8 minutes of until the dough is a smooth ball.
- Place into an oil coated bowl and roll the dough around in it to coat. Set the dough ball in the middle and cover with plastic wrap
- Let this rise at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Once the 2 hours has passed remove the dough from the bowl and break into 3 even pieces.
- Roll out each ball into a long log. Place the 3 logs on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Rub a little bit of water across the top of each log and sprinkle with the rolled oats topping.
- Cover in plastic wrap again and let sit for 30 more minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and place in the oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slice with a bread knife and cover with butter, enjoy while still warm!
- If the dough seems too sticky add a little flour until you reach the desired consistency.
- If the dough is crumbly or dry add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the dough is the right texture.
- No molasses? Try using an equal amount of corn syrup instead. This will make the bread sweeter but should do the trick.