We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars – You know those Butterfinger candy bars that you can’t stop eating once you start? Yeah, we love them too. And one of our favorite ways to eat them is as a cheesecake bar.
These amazing Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars combine the best of both worlds and result in an insanely addictive dessert that is loaded with awesome flavors. They’re like a hybrid between a butterfinger candy bar, a brownie and cheesecake! If you are a cheesecake fanatic, you might also love Best Instant Pot Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake orStrawberry Swirl Cheesecake in the Instant Pot.
Why You Will Love Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- These bars have the perfect texture. The brownie bottom is super fudgy, the cheesecake is creamy, and the butterfinger pieces are crunchy. In other words, tastes amazing!
- Great dessert to take to a party.
- Easy to make.
- Store and freeze well.
Tips For Making The Perfect Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature so it incorporates well with the other ingredients.
- Use a good quality brand of brownie mix and chocolate chips.
- Don’t let the brownie bottom bake too long or you will end up with a dry brownie.
What to Serve With Brownie Bottom Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
Storing and Freezing Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
Cheesecake bars can be stored, tightly covered in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. The Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. Be sure to cover them tightly in an airtight container. When ready to enjoy, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
Ingredients for Brownie Bottom Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
(measurements in recipe card below)
- brownie mix – use a good quality
- cream cheese – room temperature
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- marshmallow fluff
- peanut butter
- butterfingers candy bars
- semi-sweet chocolate chips – use a good quality
- heavy cream
- instant coffee powder
How To Make Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
(complete instructions in recipe card below)
- Prepare and bake the brownie mix according to instructions on the box.
- Allow to cool to touch, then press down the brownie slightly to compress.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar in bowl, then add eggs and vanilla, mix.
- Add in marshmallow fluff and mix.
- Add peanut butter and crushed butterfingers, mix till combined.
- Pour over brownie and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.
- Reduce heat to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave cheesecake bars inside for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow to come to room temperature.
Making the Ganache for Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- Melt chocolate chips, cream and instant coffee powder in microwave.
- Pour and spread the ganache over the butterfinger cheesecake bars.
- Sprinkle remainder of crushed butterfingers over top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Cut into 16 squares to serve.
These cheesecake bars are the perfect dessert for your next party or get-together. They are sure to please everyone, from kids and adults to picky eaters and foodies. So what are you waiting for? Get baking! You’ll be glad you did.
How to Make Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
Brownie Bottom Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- 1 box brownie mix
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ marshmallow fluff
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 15 mini butterfingers (crushed)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- Prepare the brownie mix as the instructions are listed on the box.
- Bake in a prepared 9×9 pan following the temperature and time instructions on the box.
- Once baked, allow to cool enough to touch.
- Using a large spoon, lightly press down on the brownie to compact it down slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To start the filling, place the cream cheese and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Once well combined, add in the marshmallow fluff and mix.
- Add in the peanut butter and the crushed Butterfingers to the cheesecake filling mixture and mix until fully incorporated and the mixture is streak free.
- Pour over the brownie and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes are up, without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Once finished baking, turn the oven off leaving the cheesecake inside for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, make the chocolate ganache.
- Place the chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and the instant coffee in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and mix until shiny and silky smooth.
- If the ganache is clumpy or matte looking after mixing for a minute, place back in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the ganache over the cheesecake and spread evenly.
- Once the chocolate has been spread, sprinkle the remaining Butterfinger crumbs evenly across the chocolate.
- Cover the cheesecake, and place in the refrigerator for at least 3hours.
- Once chilled, take out and cut into 16 squares.
- It is VERY important to follow the baking and cooling instructions to ensure no cracks are formed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.