Easiest and Best Instant Pot Apple Butter Recipe
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Instant Pot Apple Butter is a fast, easy and delicious treat. Have you ever had apple butter? It’s a spreadable fruit that is sweet and packed with apple flavor. It’s also a great way to use up excess apples that are past their prime but still perfectly edible. If you’re not sure what to do with those apples, make an easy Instant Pot Apple Butter Recipe! It’s one of the simplest ways to preserve apples and keep them around for much longer than usual. This homemade apple butter recipe is simple and can be made in your Instant Pot in just 45 minutes. That includes prep time and rest time as well! You won’t believe how easy it is.
What is Apple Butter
Apple butter is a type of fruit butter that can be used in a number of different recipes. Most people make apple butter during autumn when there are lots of apples available. It’s an easy way to use up apples that would otherwise be thrown away, as they are often bruised or overripe. It’s a great way to extend the life of apples and make them last a lot longer than they otherwise would.
Apple butter can be used in lots of different recipes, from pancakes to pork chops. It can be served on toast for breakfast, as a dip for biscuits, or even with cheese and crackers as an appetizer. It can also be used as a filling for pies and tarts.
How Does Apple Butter Differ From Applesause
Apple butter is very similar to apple sauce, but is thicker and has a stronger spicy apple flavor. Apple Butter is cooked longer, allowing it to develope a deeper flavor profile as well as a smoother, thicker texture.
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Apple Butter Recipe
- Super Simple
- Quick in the instantpot
- One pot easy cleanup
- Most ingredients on hand
- Can enjoy all year long in so many ways
- Can be made with less sugar to your taste
What to Serve With Homemade Apple Butter
Ideas for Using Apple Butter
- Spread on toast, bisquits or crackers
- Mix in with cottage cheese or yogurt
- Use in recipes, such as Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls
Ingredients for Apple Butter Made in Instant Pot
(amounts in recipe card below)
- brown sugar
Additions and Substitutions
- Add in or substitute pears for some of the apples
- Try some other spices, such as nutmeg, ginger or cloves
- Substitute another flavoring for the vanilla, such as rum or maple
- Substitute honeyfor some or all of the brown sugar for a slightly different flavor.
How to Make Instant Pot Apple Butter
(full directions in recipe card below)
- core and slice apples
- add apples and water to instant pot
- seal instant pot and cook on high for 15 min
- allow steam to release naturally
- add remaining ingredients
- blend with immersion blender or use blender
Storing and Freezing Instant Pot Apple Butter
Your Instant Pot Apple Butter can be stored cover in the refrigerator for about a month. You can also freeze it in an airtight container for about 3 months. To serve, simply allow to come to room temperature.
Which apples are best for making apple butter?
Select a softer apple such as Jonathan, Golden Delicious or McIntosh.
Recipe for Apple Butter Made in the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Apple Butter
- Instant Pot
- 3 pounds apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup water
- Core and slice apples.
- Add apple slices and water to the instant pot.
- Set the Instant Pot vent to sealing, then press the manual button and adjust the time to 15 minutes at high pressure.
- When finished, let pressure release naturally for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn the dial to the VENT position and let remaining steam release.
- Remove lid.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend together with a hand mixer or pour into a blender.
- If your apple butter is “too runny”, place it back into the Instant Pot and press the sauté button & Sauté until it has thickened.