We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken comes out perfectly juicy with a crispy skin every time. No need to run to the grocery to grab a store-bought rotisserie chicken that may have been sitting for several hours. Enjoy yours, hot and fresh from your air fryer in about an hour.
Most people love rotisserie chicken. I certainly do! A juicy chicken makes the centerpiece of a perfect meal. I could not believe how moist and tender this air fryer rotisserie chicken turned out the first time we made it. The air fryer is a total game changer. This just may become one of your favorite recipes. If you totally love chicken recipes, also try our Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs, Perfect Instant Pot Roast Chicken or Carrabbas Chicken Bryan Copycat Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Recipe.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
Why You Will Love This Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
- Quick and easy recipe to make
- It is the most tender chicken and incredibly juicy.
- Using the air fryer makes for a healthier meal.
- Leftover rotisserie chicken makes for some delicious meals, such as Classic Chicken Salad, Easy Homemade Chicken Crepes With Asparagus or Easy Instant Pot Cilantro Chicken Soup.
Tools and Equipment I Use to Make This Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
Ingredient Notes for Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
(Complete ingredients in recipe card below)
- whole chicken – four pounds or less to fit well in air fryer
- butter – softened, used as a base for the herb rub
- Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning. I love this seasoning but you can simply substitute garlic powder and herbs or your choice.
- olive oil – used to coat the outside of the chicken to hold the paprika, salt and pepper. Also, provides extra moisture for the chicken skin and promote crispiness.
Tips for the Perfect Juicy Chicken
You can use either kosher or sea salt but do not use regular table salt. Table salt is finer and will make your chicken too salty.
Make sure to allow your chicken to rest for about 15 minutes after cooking before carving to allow the juices to settle in the chicken.
Additions and Substitutions
- Add some celery pieces, onions and carrots in the cavity of the chicken.
- Lemon slices placed in the cavity can add a nice brightness to the dish.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice across the chicken before carving.
How to Make This Delicious Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, Mrs. Dash, salt, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley and salt.
- Separate the chicken skin from the flesh by running your hands between the two.
- Liberally rub the butter mixture under the skin and in the chicken cavity.
- Brush olive oil over the surface of the chicken, then sprinkle with the paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place whole chicken, breast-side down in the basket of air fryer.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then turn chicken over and continue to cook for an additonal 30 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove chicken from the air fryer and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Carve and serve.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
What size chicken can I cook in the air fryer?
For this cooking method, you should limit the size of your chicken to under 4 pounds.
How long does it take to cook a whole chicken in the air fryer?
It takes about an hour of cooking time to air fry a 4 pound chicken.
How can I tell when my air fryer Rotisserie chicken is done?
Use a ditigal thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast. Internal temperature reaches 160 degrees when it is cooked properly.
Do I need an air fryer with a spit for roasting chicken?
If you have a spit on your air fryer, you can certainly use it but it is not required at all to make a delicious rotisserie chicken. Your chicken will turn out perfectly moist on the inside and crispy on the outside when cooked in the basket of your air fryer.
Best Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Air Fryer
- instant read digital thermometer
- 4 pound whole chicken
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, Mrs. Dash, thyme, rosemary,parsley and ¼ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Spread the butter mixture under the breast skin and in the cavity of the chicken.
- Brush the olive oil over the skin of the chicken and sprinkle with the paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicke, skin side down in the basket of the air fryer. Cook for 30 minutes, then turn chicken over and cook for an additional 25 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 160°.
- Remove chicken from the air fryer and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.