Pumpkin Oatmeal Whoopie Pies
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Pumpkin and Oatmeal come together in these warm, chewy-soft, spicy Pumpkin Oatmeal Whoopie Pies, filled with Marshmallow Buttercream.Jump to Recipe
Ingredients For Making Oatmeal Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- all-purpose flour
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- baking powder
- pumpkin spice
- canned pumpkin
- powdered sugar
- marshmallow fluff
Equipment Needed For Making Whoopie Pies
How to Make Oatmeal Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Recipe for Oatmeal Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Oatmeal Whoopie Pies
- 1 c butter (room temperature)
- 2 c light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 lg eggs (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1½ c uncooked oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1½ c can pumpkin
- ½ c butter (softened)
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 2 c powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400° Place parchment paper, cut to fit on your baking sheet.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch and all dry spices. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and the pumpkin into the wet ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie batter, two inches apart on the baking sheet. Flatten the cookie slightly with a drinking glass or the bottom of your measuring cup.
- Bake on center rack of oven for approx. 10-12 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Whip marshmallow creme and butter until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar and whip until thoroughly combined.
- Chill the filling until it sets up a bit. (about 1 hour)
- Place approx. 1 tbsp. of filling on half of the pies and place the remaining ones on the top of each one.
Tips For Whoopie Pies
Do Whoopie Pies Need to be Refrigerated?
Whoopie Pies will need to be refrigerated, especially if filled with icings made with cream cheese, butter or cream cheese.
Can You Freeze Whoopie Pies?
Whoopie Pies can be frozen. You will need to place them in the freezer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. After frozen, wrap each one individually and place back in the freezer. Frozen Whoopie Pies should freeze well and taste good for about 3 months.
How do You keep Whoopie Pies from becoming Sticky?
Whoopie Pies do tend to become somewhat sticky while stored. For best results, store in an airtight container, in a single layer. You can store in the refrigerator for about a week.
Halloween Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies make great Halloween Treats. After removing pies from the oven, while still slightly warm, use two chocolate chips to form eyes and one for the nose of the jack-o-lantern. Simply press the chips into the cookie. Use mini-chocolate chips to form a mouth.