We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread has a simply amazing flavor. How many zucchini bread recipes have you tried? If you’re like most people, probably too many to count. It’s such a popular way to use up excess zucchini in the kitchen. However, this lemon blueberry zucchini bread recipe will become your new go-to when you need something sweet and simple to throw together. And, what better way to sneak some veggies into your kids diet?
Why Everyone Loves This Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe
The best part about this recipe is that it’s so simple. Anyone can make this zucchini bread and have it turn out tasty without a whole lot of effort.
You can easily bake this zucchini bread as a quick and easy dessert or a yummy breakfast treat. It’s up to you!
It’s also a great way to sneak in more veggies for kids and picky eaters. Everyone is sure to love the sweet and fruity taste.
Why You Should Make This Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread Recipe
- This recipe is one of those classic desserts that are great for feeding a crowd. It can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger group. It also makes a great gift for teachers, neighbors, or friends as a little token of appreciation or to give during the holidays.
- This is also a great recipe to make in the autumn or winter when zucchini is plentiful and on sale. You can stock up on a few and freeze them to be used in this recipe, or in any other zucchini bread recipe.
Baking Tips for Making the Best Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini has a lot of moisture in it, it can make your zucchini bread too moist and soggy if you don’t use enough flour. – You should also make sure you squeeze out as much excess liquid out of the zucchini as you can. Using a cheesecloth or a paper towel is your best bet.
- Don’t overmix your zucchini bread batter. Mix just to combine to avoid the bread being tough.
A Dessert for Breakfast? Why Not?
This recipe makes a great dessert for any special occasion, but it can be eaten for breakfast too! If you prefer something a little healthier for breakfast, this zucchini bread recipe is just the thing. It’s high in fibre and low in fat, so it’s great for everyone, including kids. This is a recipe that you can easily switch up depending on what you like, or what’s in season. You can use different fruit or even add nuts or seeds for some extra crunch and protein. This makes a great recipe to play around with and make it your own. You can even switch up the spices or the type of flour you use to make it your own.
Additions and Substitutions
This zucchini bread recipe is super simple and you can change it up depending on what you have on hand. Here are a few suggestions to get you started.
- If you don’t like blueberries, you can also try raspberries, cranberries, rhubarb, or strawberries. Instead of flour, you can try spelt flour, whole wheat, gluten-free flours, or even coconut or almond flour.
- Instead of the blueberries, you can try adding raisins, chopped dates, chopped nuts, sliced almonds, or even chocolate chips.
- Ass some lemon zest to the recipe for an extra punch of lemon flavor.
- Make up a simple lemon zlaze for the top of the loaf, Simply mix some powdered sugar and lemon juice until the right consistancy to drizzle.
Ingredients For Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- baking powder
- vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- lemon extract
- grated zucchini – Remove moisture from the zucchini with a paper towel.
- blueberries – If using frozen blueberries, make sure they are thawed and patted dry.
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Combine together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix together the eggs, oil, sugar and lemon extract until smooth and creamy. Fold in the zucchini. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Fold in blueberries.
- Bake on center rack or your preheated oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Lemon and Blueberries Pair Together so Well. We Love These Recipes Too.
- Lemon Cream Puffs With Blueberries
- Lemon Blueberry Cookies With Lemon Glaze, Made With Cake Mix
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
How to Store and Freeze Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread
You can store this zucchini bread in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to a week. It can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to a year, so make a double batch if you think you’ll go through it quickly. To thaw, leave it out at room temperature or in the microwave on low heat until it’s soft enough to slice or cut. You can also slice it and freeze it in individual slices so you can grab one whenever you want it! This is a great way to use up any extra zucchini you might have in your kitchen.
Recipe For Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup blueberries (If using frozen, be sure they are thawed and pat dry.)
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Grease well and flour an 8×4" loaf pan. (Can use a non-stick cooking spray but make sure you flour well also,)
- Combine together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix together the eggs, oil, sugar and lemon extract until smooth and creamy. Fold in the zucchini.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan to about ¾" from the top of the pan.
- Fold in the blueberries to combine with the batter in the pan.
- Bake on center rack of the oven for approximately 50-60 minutes, until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack in the pan for about 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the pan edges and remove bread from the pan. Continue to cool the loaf on the wire rack.