We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Carrot Cake Sheet Cake is the perfect dessert to serve to your family or for a crowd. One bowl easy to make and the moist texture and spicy flavor is amazing. If you love making cakes for any occasion, try these other recipes, Best Strawberry Banana Cake With Whipped Cream Icing, Raspberry and cream cake roll or maybe a cheesecake Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake with Lemon Topping.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
Why You Will Love This Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
- It is so warm spicy delicious
- Great to take for gatherings with family and friends
- Comes together in one bowl, so less cleanup, yay!
- So moist
Why Make Easy Carrot Sheet Cake
While I love the beauty of a layer cake with swirls ic frothy icing, make them can be tedious and quite hit or miss. Sometimes you can even get the iced layer cake perfect and then the top layer slowly starts to slide. True story, this happens. Making this one layer sheet cake is so much easier, just as delicious as the layered variety and perfect for serving to multiple people.
Ingredients for Easy Carrot Cake Sheet Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
(measurements in recipe card below)
- granulated sugar
- all-purpose flour
- allspice – This is an often underrated spice that adds a wonderful flavor to baked goods.
- baking soda
- vegetable oil – This is really the not so secret ingredient that gives this carrot cake it’s incredible moistness.
- vanilla – I like to use the clear vanilla because it does not change the color in recipes such as the cream cheese icing.
- grated carrots
Cream Cheese Icing
- powdered sugar
- butter – room temperature) Do not skimp here. Use real butter for the best flavor.
- cream cheese – (room temperature) Block style, no tab cream cheese.
- vanilla extract – If possible, get real vanilla as opposed to artificial for the best flavor.
Additions, Variations, Substitutions
- Add chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Add in some raisins, diced apples, dried apricots
- Shredded coconut added to the batter adds a nice texture and flavor.
- Crushed pineapple mixed into the batter gives a real wow factor to carrot cake sheet cake.
What to Serve With Sheet Pan Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Easy Juicy Instant Pot Italian Beef With Pepperoncinis
- Cook a Perfect Instant Pot Roast Chicken
- Beef Stroganoff
How to Store or Freeze Carrot Sheet Cake
Carrot Cake Sheet Cake can be stored in an airtight container on your counter for 1-2 days. To store for a longer period, place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for p to 5 days.
If you’d like to freeze carrot cake, do not ice the cake yet. Place in an airtight container, either whole or by the piece and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, remove from freezer, thaw and ice.
How fine should carrots be grated for Carrot Cake?
Carrots should be grated fine for carrot cake so they combine well without sinking to the bottom of the pan. I like to use this electric grater to avoid scraping my knuckles.
Why does carrot cake use oil instead of butter?
Oil makes the carrot cake moister and helps it to stay soft and moist longer than butter does.
How to Make Sheet Cake Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
This recipe for Carrot Sheet Cake is so delicious and moist, it’s hard to believe that it can be so easy, but it is!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or use a non stick baking spray to coat a 9×13 inch pan.
In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
Add oil, then eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
Stir in grated carrots.
Bake on center rack of your preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out mostly clean. Since the cake is so moist, there will likely be a bit of moist crumbs on the toothpick.
Cool on wire rack while making the frosting.
Ice completely cooled cake, swirling the top with the back of a spoon.
Recipe for Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- 8×11 inch pan
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups grated carrots
Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add oil and vanilla, then add eggs, one at a time mixing after each addition.
- Stir in grated carrots.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake on center rack of the preheated oven for approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Add all icing ingredients into electric mixer and mix until thoroughly combined and fluffy.
- Ice top of cooled cake.