We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate is a rich creamy and delicious drink. Just put the ingredients in your slow cooker and allow it to slowly cook until you’re ready to enjoy it. Perfect for cold winter nights, curled up on your sofa with a blanket and a good book.
If you are a true chocoholic like me, I’m sure your will love 5 Ingredient Peppermint White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats. So fun for the kids for the holidays. This Festive Chocolate Peppermint Cake Roll is a perfect holiday dessert for family or company. Or, try Cappuccino Muffins With Chocolate Chips to satisfy your coffee and chocolate cravings.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
Why you will love Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- So rich and creamy
- Cooks while you do other things
- Makes a larger amount for multiple servings
- Can change it up with added ingredients
Ingredients for Hot Chocolate made in the slow cooker (measurements in recipe card below)
- whole milk – can use 2% or another milk if you like
- heavy cream – can eliminate heavy cream if you like and use extra half and half
- half and half
- sweetened condensed milk – this adds the sweetness plus extra creaminess
- chocolate chips – can use either milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate
- unsweetened cocoa – make sure not to use a sweetened cocoa mix
- vanilla extract – always use real vanilla extract if possible
How to make creamy Crockpot Hot Chocolate recipe
One of the wonderful things about making Crockpot Hot Chocolate is that it is so easy to make. Simply place all ingredients in your crockpot, set to high and cook for 4 hours or set to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir once every hour to assure the mixture is kept mixed well and does not scorch.
Additions and substitutions to recipe
- Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows. If you like marshmallows, you have got to try these homemade marshmallows. Yummy, yet easy!
- Sprinkle cinnamon, chocolate chips or butterscotch chips on top of your serving.
- Add some soft caramel squares.
- Substitute any milk, such as low-fat, oat milk, soy milk or coconut milk.
- Serve with a cany cane or crushed peppermint candies.
- Add some rum extract
- Splash in a bit of rum or another alcohol for an adult beverage
Tips for making Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Be sure to stir as it cooks.
- Do not use instant cocoa drink packets
- Use a good chocolate such as hersheys, Ghiardelli or Nestle
What to serve with Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- Easy Toffee Chocolate Covered Popcorn
- Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Candy Cane Peppermint Puppy Chow
Is it better to make hot chocolate with milk or water?
Definitely you will want to make hot chocolate with milk or cream.
How do you keep hot chocolate warm for a crowd?
Hot Chocolate for a crowd or party can be kept warm in your crock pot set to warm.
Recipe for Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Crockpot Hot Chocolate
- 5 cups milk (whole or 2%)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips (can use semi sweet)
- ¼ cup cocoa (unsweetened, such as Hersheys)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker. Whisk until all ingredients are mixed in well.
- Place lid on crockpot and cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for about 6 hours. Stil every hour or so to prevent scorching.
- Serve in mugs with your choice of toppings, such as whipped cream or marshmallows