Easy Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring Recipe Great Flavor
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring is the perfect recipe if you love the flavor of Buffalo Chicken Wings but not the mess of dealing with the bones. You’ve gotta try this Buffalo Chicken Ring. All the flavor without needing a pile of napkins.
What is a Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring?
Buffalo Chicken Ring is crescent roll dough, shaped in a circle, resembling a giant sun, filled with yummy chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, blue cheese and ranch dressing. It’s folding over and baked to a warm golden brown. Served with celery, carrots and blue cheese or ranch dressing (or both) for dipping.
How do I make a Tasty Buffalo Chicken Ring?
- Mix together cream cheese, hot sauce and ranch dressing.
- Add in cubed or shredded cooked chicken and blue cheese crumbles.
- Lay out crescent rolls in shape of sun and fill with chicken mixture.
- Fold up.
Why will I like this Buffalo Chicken Ring?
- Has the flavor of Buffalo Wings without the mess.
- Easy to prepare.
- Few ingredients.
- A favorite of adults and kids.
- Great as a main course or appetizer.
What is in this Chicken recipe?
- hot sauce
- cream cheese
- blue cheese crumbles
- ranch dressing
- crescent rolls
- measuring spoons, baking sheet, 5-inch ramekin
- 3 c. Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded or cubed)
- ⅔ cup Hot sauce (plus more to serve with)
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Ranch dressing (plus more for serving)
- 16 oz Refrigerated crescent roll dough (2 tubes)
- ½ c. Crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup Baby carrots (for serving)
- 4 stalks Celery (cut into 4-inch pieces)
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Ring
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with a layer of parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, mix cream cheese, ranch dressing and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Fold the shredded chicken into the cream cheese mixture.
- Separate both cans of crescent dough into 16 triangles. Place a 5-inch ramekin in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Place the triangles of crescent dough in a ring around the ramekin. The short ends of the dough should be touching the ramekin, slightly overlapping. Pointy ends should face outward. Dough will look like a sun shape.
- Spoon chicken mixture over the short ends of the triangle closest to the ramekin. Sprinkle the blue cheese on top. Remove the ramekin. Fold the pointed end of the triangles up and over the filling. Tuck the tip underneath the bottom layer of dough. The dough will not completely cover the filling. Repeat with the remaining triangles. There will be gaps where you can still see the chicken mixture.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with more hot sauce, blue cheese or ranch dressing, carrots and celery.
Tips for enjoying a Buffalo Chicken Ring
- Add a salad to create a meal.
- Serve with soup instead of a sandwich.
- Pack in the kid’s lunches.
- Have plenty of choices for dips and veggies.
Storing Your Ring
Wrap any leftovers in foil or plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheating a Buffalo Chicken Ring
This ring can be reheated in a microwave for about 30 seconds but it is much tastier to reheat in the oven. This makes for a crispier crust and helps to prevent sogginess. Wrap in foil and heat in a 350-degree oven for approximately 15- minutes.
What Kind of Buffalo Sauce do you use With This Chicken Ring?
My favorite sauce to use with this Buffalo Ring is Frank’s Red Hot. You can increase the amount called for if you like to add extra spiciness.
Can I Freeze the Ring?
You can freeze this Chicken Ring. Wrap it tightly in foil or store in a freezer bag for up to 45 days.