We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
This Homemade Chocolate Dipping Sauce is so good that you’ll want to make it over and over again. This sauce is decadently chocolate, smooth and rich.
If you’re a chocolate lover with a natural sweet tooth, this Hot Fudge Sauce is worth preparing. Whether you’re pouring it over your ice cream or using it as a dip for marshmallows and fresh fruits, you’re sure to enjoy the sweet, decadent taste of this sauce.
Do you love the taste of fudge sauce? If so, you will be glad to know you can make it right at home instead of buying pre-bottled fudge from the store. With only a few essential ingredients, you can assemble this tasty Chocolate Dipping Sauce and use it on all kinds of sweet treats.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe for Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- It’s so easy to make. Instead of buying bottled fudge sauce, you can simply prepare it with a few ingredients and use it as often as you’d like.
- The Hot Fudge Sauce has an incredible taste. Velvety smooth and chocolately rich.
- You can do so many different things with this incredibly versatile chocolate sauce. including adding it to some of your favorite desserts, such as puddings, cakes, and baked sweet breads.
Chocolate Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – Use around eight ounces of semi-sweet chocolate. Be sure to choose a high-quality brand such as Hersheys Chocolate Chips or Ghiardelli Chocolate Chips to ensure the flavor of this sauce is perfect.
- Cocoa Powder – Sift through your cocoa powder before using it to prepare your Chocolate Dipping Sauce. Bittersweet chocolate helps make the best chocolate ever. Again, quality matters. Skip the generic brands and use Ghiardelli Cocoa Powder or Hersheys Cocoa Powder for best results.
- Heavy Cream – Adding a bit of heavy whipping cream in the mix will enhance the flavor of your sauce, giving it the ideal taste and texture.
- Butter – Chop three tablespoons of butter into small pieces. Real butter, no margarine here.
- Vanilla Extract – Use just a teaspoon of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of the chocolate in your fudge sauce.
- Along with these ingredients, you will need water, salt, corn syrup, and granulated sugar. This is an easy recipe, just make sure to check out the recipe card for all of the ingredients and a how to!
Homemade Chocolate Dipping Sauce Recipe Notes
- When microwaving your chocolate, be sure to do so in 30-second intervals to avoid overheating your chocolate and potentially burning it.
- Use a whisk to blend your ingredients together perfectly and achieve the desired smooth consistency. The whisk will help you break any clumps.
- Make sure you’re using good quality chocolate for this recipe! A common mistake is to buy the cheap stuff, but for best results, use the good stuff!
What Can I do With Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- You can serve it with strawberries, bananas, pineapples, and other fresh fruit.
- It’s also great to add as a topping on cake, brownies, pies, and more. Try it on this Pound Cake.
- It’s perfect as a chocolate Dip for these Cinnamon Pita Chips, with or without the peanut butter spread in this recipe for Amish Peanut Butter Spread and Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips.
FAQs for the Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
Which brand of semi-sweet chocolate should I use to prepare the Chocolate Dipping Sauce?
Although you can use any brand, I highly recommend Ghiradelli, Hersheys or Nestles because they are high-quality brands, and the flavor of these chocolates are amazing.
Can I save the Fudge Sauce for later?
Yes, you can. Simply put it in an airtight container with a lid and store it in the fridge. You can keep it refrigerated for up to two weeks. If you want to save your sauce longer, put it in the freezer, where it can stay fresh for up to three months. This is a good recipe worth saving, you can even store is in a mason jar.
How to Make Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Get complete recipe instructions and measurments in recipe card below.
- Melt Chocolate in microwave.
- Stir in cocoa. set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat corn syrup, granulated sugar, heavy whipping cream, water, and salt.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Add chocolate mixture and whisk till smooth.
Step 1:Pour the chopped semi-sweet chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted. Add the cocoa powder to the melted chocolate and stir well; set aside.
Step 2: Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the corn syrup, granulated sugar, heavy whipping cream, water, and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes, stirring very often.
Step 3: Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla extract. Once the butter is melted.
Step 4: Add the chocolate mixture and whisk into the sauce until smooth. Cool the Chocolate Sauce slightly, then serve warm.
Can you believe just how easy that was? Just like that, you have a delicious Chocolate Dipping Sauce to serve over your favorite ice cream, on a slice of cake or to dip fruits into.
- 8 ounces baking chocolate or chocolate chips (use good quality)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (sifted)
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the chopped semi-sweet chocolate into amicrowave safe bowl and heat in the microwave on high in 30-second intervals,stirring between each interval, until melted. Add the cocoa powder to themelted chocolate and stir well; set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, then addthe corn syrup, granulated sugar, heavy whipping cream, water, and salt. Bringthe mixture to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes, stirring very often.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir inthe butter and vanilla extract. Once the butter is melted, add the chocolatemixture and whisk into the sauce until smooth.
- Cool the hot fudge slightly, then serve warm.
- I used semi-sweet Bakers chocolate. My favorite is the Ghirardelli semi-sweet baking chocolate.
- The hot fudge can be stored in a container or jar with a lid in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to three months.
- Reheat the hot fudge in a saucepan over low heat, or in the microwave in 3o second heating intervals stirring well between each interval.
If you try this recipe, please come back and let us know how you like it.
Did you make this recipe?
Mention us @yourinstagramhandle or tag us using #yourhashtaghere so we can see your creations! You can also leave a comment below!