We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
This Crack Green Beans recipe is so delicious, you won’t be able to stop at one serving. Green beans can be kind of boring but when cooked in our sweet and savory sauce and mixed with crispy bacon….well, these green beans become addictive!
Why You Will Love This Addictive Green Beans Casserole
- Simple to make
- Budget friendly
- So delicious, even the kids will be asking for extras
- Reheats well
- Great for a potluck dinner or family gatherings.
Equipment Used to Make This Delicious Side Dish
Ingredients to Make Crack Green Beans
(Exact measurements below in recipe card)
These awesomely delicious Crack Green Beans don’t requite a lot of ingredients an most you will likley have in your pantry already. In the event you do need to shop for something, I suggest you also pick up the ingredients for Perfect Instant Pot Roast Chicken or Easy Juicy Instant Pot Italian Beef With Pepperoncinis. Both go amazingly well with Crack Green Beans. Now, on to what you need for this recipe.
- Can Green Beans – Any greenbeans will work. I like to use either the cut variety or whole.
- Bacon – This is part of the magic that transforms the green beans into something special.
- Brown Sugar – I use light brown. It adds the extra bit of sweetness that compliments the smoky bacon.
- Butter – Everything is better with butter! The real stuff.
- Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce – Both of these sauces add a bit of intense oomph to your beans.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper – Optional and to taste.
Substitutions or Additions
- You can easily substitute brussel sprouts or asparagus for the green beans. Just cook either vegetable ahead of time.
- Substitute turkey bacon if you like.
- Add some chopped roasted red peppers.
Leftover Bacon Grease
Save your remaining leftover bacon grease and store in a covered container in the regrigerator. You can use it to fry potatoes or eggs. Add a bit of it to your buscuit recipe or use it to make a yummy hot bacon dressing.
How to Make Crack Green Beans
(Complete instructions in recipe card below)
- Fry up the chopped bacon, set aside and reserve grease.
- Add 3 tablespoons of grease into skillet, add in the brown sugar, sauces, spices and butter.
- Stir and cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Put the beans and bacon in casserole dish. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over beans and bacon in dish, stir well to coat. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
What to Serve With Crack Green Beans
- Easy Old Fashioned Amish Ham Loaf
- Carrabbas Chicken Bryan Copycat Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Recipe
- Best Authentic Starbucks Grilled Cheese (Copycat)
- Brown Sugar Mustard Glazed Ham
Recipe For Crack Green Beans
Crack Green Beans
- 11x8x3 inch casserole dish
- 3 cans cut green beans (14 ounce size)
- 8 slices bacon (drain and set the grease aside)
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease (saved from cooking bacon)
- 7 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cut the bacon into about 1 inch pieces. In a large skillet cook the bacon on medium high heat until crispy. Drain the bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons of the grease.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease back into the skillet. Add the soy and Worcestershire sauces, onion and garlic powders, brown sugar and butter to the bacon grease in pan. Stir and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Lightly spray an 11x8x3 inch casserole dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- Drain the beans and put into the casserole dish. Add the cooked bacon.
- Pour the sauce over the beans and stir to coat. Cover pan with foil and bake on the center rack of your preheated oven for 25 minutes.