We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Raspberry and Cream Cake Roll is the perfect light Summer dessert for when you want to look like you cooked all day but didn’t. This moist cake, encasing the most luscious raspberries and cream filling is a treat sure to impress family or guests.
Raspberry and Cream Cake Roll
- 10x15x1 inch baking sheet
- 8 lg. eggs separated, room temperature
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 c cake flour can use regular all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 c powdered sugar for dusting
Raspberry Cream Filling
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 c frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1-1/2 c fresh raspberries diced into small pieces
- 1/8 c powdered sugar for top of cake roll
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 10x15x1 inch pan with a cooking spray. Cut parchment paper to fit bottom of pan and place in pan. Spray and lightly flour top parchment paper. Make sure parchment paper does not wrinkle in pan, as this will cause your cake surface to look blemished.
- In mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and creamy. Add in 1/2 cup sugar, continuously beating until combined.
- Whisk in oil and vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, beat room temperature egg whites until foamy. Slowly add the 1 cup sugar, beating until medium peaks form. Peaks should be just starting to lightly curve.
- Fold egg whites into egg yolks.
- In separate bowl, combine flour baking powder and salt. Add the dry mixture to wet mixture. Slowly fold into egg mixture.
- Spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake on center rack of 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar onto dish towel.
- When cake is done, immediately turn it out onto sugared towel.
- Roll towel and cake into a roll. Cool completely on wire rack, seam side down.
Raspberry Cream Filling
- Combine sweetened condensed milk with thawed topping.
- Fold raspberries into cream mixture.
- Unroll cake, remove parchment paper and spread filling across surface, covering completely.
- Beginning on a narrow end, carefully roll cake and filling, ending with seam side down. Trim ends evenly.
- Carefully transfer to a serving platter and slice.
- All-purpose flour can be substituted for cake flour.