We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Take a traditional cinnamon roll to the next level with this recipe for Banana Cinnamon Rolls. With the perfect taste and texture, they’re sure to become your go-to breakfast or dessert treat.
Switch it up in the morning with something new for breakfast with this recipe for Banana Cinnamon Rolls. You can enjoy them at home or on the go, whether you’re craving something sweet or are in the mood for the fantastic taste of banana with cinnamon and a sweet vanilla glaze.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
Why You Will Love These Fluffy Banana Cinnamon Rolls
- The Banana Nut Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect cross between banana nut bread and baked cinnamon rolls.
- They’re so fresh and delicious, much better than anything you could buy at your local grocery store!
- Although the recipe may sound complex, it’s SO easy to make this delicious breakfast treat, and everyone in your household will love them!
- These Banana Cinnamon Buns freeze well so you can make them ahead and enjoy whenever you want.
- Baking Pan – At least a 9×9 inch. You can use a 9×13 inch pan but it helps the cinnamon rolls rise higher when they are closer together.
- Rolling Pin
- Mixer with Dough Hook – I prefer this one with the lift bowl because it stands up to the tough job of kneading dough so well without letting the bowl spin off like the ones without the lift bowl sometimes do.
Ingredients You’ll Need For This Banana Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Tips for adding flavor or changing it up a little bit
- Try adding some rum extract for a flavor that compliments the bananas perfectly.
- Add in some chopped pecans or walnuts to the filling.
- Substitute the sugar icing for a less sweet cream cheese icing like on these Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting.
Storing And Freezing Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls
These soft moist rolls can be stored in a covered container on the counter for about 3 days. In the refrigerator, they will keep for about a week when in a covered container. If you would like to make ahead and freeze your cinnamon rills, be sure to freeze in an airtight container. They will keep for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, simple remove from the freezer and thaw. Warm in the microwave for a just like fresh taste treat.
How to Make Banana Cinnamon Rolls
- Mix dough
- Cover and let rise till double.
- Roll dough into rectangle.
- Spread dough with butter and cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Tightly roll dough into log shape and seal long edge.
- Cut dough into approximately 10 slices.
- Please cinnamon rolls into greased pan.
- Cover and let rise again until double.
Find the measurements and full recipe below!Jump to Recipe
What to Serve With Banana Cinnamon Rolls
- Perfectly Juicy Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken
- Crockpot Hot Chocolate Rich Creamy Delicious
- Banana Milk Drink
Did you know?
Cnnamon Roll dough is so versatile. Just by changing up the fillings or the icing, you can have a completely different tasting roll.
More Delicious Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
- 9×9 or slightly larger baking dish
- Stand mixer with dough hook
- Plastic wrap or tea towel
- Rolling Pin
- measuring cups and spoons
- small bowl
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup mashed ripe banana (1 banana)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (scooped and leveled)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup heavy cream (for second rising)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Add milk and butter to a microwave safe bowlor measuring cup and heat on HIGH for 45 sec.
- Heat for an additional 30-45 seconds, untilbutter is melted and the glass is warm (not hot) to the touch.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer, add in 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and stir.
- Sprinkle yeast over the top and let bloom for4-5 mins (the yeast will bubble on the top (if it doesn't your yeast is deadand you'll need to start over with fresh yeast).
- Add in the 3 cups of all purpose flour, besure to use the scoop and level method so you don't add too much.
- Add in the mashed bananas and an additional 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Mix with a dough hook on medium speed for 4mins.
- Remove from the mixing bowl and into a bowlsprayed with non stick spray.
- Cover and let rise in a warm area for 30 mins.
- Once it rises, punch down the dough, turn outonto a lightly floured surface andknead the dough lightly until no longer sticky. You can add a bit of flour if too sticky but don't add too much.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle about10x15 .
- Spread the butter all over the dough.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together, then liberally sprinkle all over the buttered dough.
- Roll the dough tightly. Use unflavored floss, bakers twine or a very sharp knife to slice rolls that are about 1.5 inch thick.
- Place into a lightly buttered (or sprayed with non stick spray) baking dish. Leave a little space for rolls to rise when placing them in the pan.
- Pour room temp heavy cream over the rolls,cover with a towel and rise for an additional 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Once the rolls are golden on the top remove from the oven and let rest.
- Make the icing glaze by combining the powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla.Pour or pipe over the warm rolls, top with chopped nuts if desired, serve and enjoy
Did you make this recipe?
Please come back and let us know how you liked it. You can also leave a comment below!