We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned or linked to in this post.
Take your love of oranges to the next level when preparing this moist and delicious Orange Loaf Cake. It’s the perfect midday snack or after-dinner dessert.
Are you always looking for new recipes to try? If so, you must try this Orange Loaf Cake recipe, which will impress you and your loved ones because of your baking skills. Although this recipe requires minimal effort, the finished piece comes out perfect, with an undeniably delicious taste. It’s great for those who are already huge fans of freshly sliced oranges and freshly squeezed orange juice.
IN A HURRY? CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.
What Is an Orange Loaf Cake?
An orange loaf cake is a light yet sweet and delicious baked bread containing fresh ingredients, such as orange juice, orange zest, and almond extract, to create something refreshingly good. It has the perfect hint of orange in every bite, sure to go great with your morning cup of hot coffee or tea.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s not difficult to prepare this delicious recipe.
- The Orange Loaf Cake has a unique taste to it that combines the sweet/tartness of oranges with the sugary sweet glaze.
- You can completely customize this cake by adding a topping to it, whether you want to eat it with a sweet glaze, powdered sugar, or even some vanilla frosting.
- This fresh citrusy cake is easy to store or make ahead and freeze for anytime you want a delicious treat.
- Great for packing in lunchboxes.
- Makes an awesome gift during the holidays. Wrap in a cello bag, tie with a pretty ribbon and you are ready to gift it to teaches, service people, neighbors or family.
Ingredients for Orange Loaf Cake
(Complete ingredients and measurements in recipe card below.)
Before you get ready to prepare this delicious cake that you can eat for breakfast or as a snack, you’re going to need the following ingredients:
- Vanilla Yogurt – Add a cup of yogurt to your cake mixture to enhance the taste of your sweet Orange Loaf Cake and give it the perfect texture.
- White Granulated Sugar – The white sugar is a must-have, leaving this cake with a sweeter flavor.
- Almond Extract – Use almond extract for additional flavor. It goes great with the orange juice and zest.
- Orange Juice – Of course, you can’t have an Orange Loaf Cake without the orange juice, which brings a natural sweet citrus flavor to the dessert.
- Orange Zest – Add even more orange flavor to this cake with a bit of orange zest.
- Powdered Sugar – Use powdered sugar to prepare the sweet, flavorful glaze to add on top of your Orange Loaf Cake.
- Heavy Cream – You will need to combine the powdered sugar with heavy cream to make a simple yet tasty glaze.
You will also need a few other baking essentials, such as eggs, oil, flour, and baking powder, to complete this cake recipe.
Orange Loaf Cake Recipe Notes
- Use a non-stick loaf pan and spray it with a bit of cooking spray to keep your Orange Loaf Cake from sticking to the pan during the baking process.
- While your cake bakes, you can prepare the glaze and have it ready to drizzle on top.
- If you don’t want to add a glaze to your cake, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on top or leave it as is, whichever you’d prefer.
FAQs for Orange Loaf Cake
Can I use another flavoring besides almond extract?
Yes! Try vanilla extract, rum extract, maple extract or orange extract. You can even combine several flavors for a unique taste.
What are some additions to add to Orange Loaf Cake?
Add in some chopped nuts, chocolate chips, coconut or dried fruits, like cherries or peaches.
When is the best time to add the glaze to the cake?
The glaze should be added while the cake is still warm so it penetrates nicely into the cake.
How to Make Orange Loaf Cake
(Complete instructions in recipe card below.)
- Preheat oven.
- Add all wet ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in dry ingredients and orange zest.
- Pour into non-stick, lightly greased pan.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, cream, orange juice and zest.
- Cool cake until just warm.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Slice and enjoy!
Storing and Freezing This Moist, Citrusy Cake
Orange Loaf Cake can be stored, wrapped, on your counter for up to 2 days or refrigerated, covered, for about 5 days. This cake works well to bake ahead of time and freeze for later use. Slice the cake and wray each slice in plastic wrap. It should freeze well for about 3 months. Simply take out when ready to serve and allow to thaw. You can re-heat it lightly in the microwave if you like. The glaze with melt but it just melts into the cake, making it even more flavorful.
What to Serve With Orange Loaf Cake
More Cake Recipes You Will Love
- Super Moist Carrot Cake Sheet Cake
- Easy Instant Pot Bananas Foster Cheesecake
- Festive Cranberry Cake With Butter Sauce
- Festive Chocolate Peppermint Cake Roll
Orange Loaf Cake
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoons orange juice
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add the yogurt, oil, sugar, eggs, almond extract and orange juice. Whisk that together until completely combined and smooth.
- Then add the salt, baking powder, flour and orange zest into the bowl and mix everything again until just incorporated. Make sure not to overmix.
- Now pour this batter into a nonstick sprayed loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick is stuck in and comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze.
- In a bowl add the powdered sugar and orange zest, whisking together.
- Then add the orange juice and heavy cream, whisking until a thick glaze has formed.
- Once the cake is out of the oven let it cool until just warm.
- Remove from the loaf pan and pour the glaze over the top of the cake.
- Slice and enjoy!